Saturday, August 20, 2005

Alien Zoo

Last night I had a very vivid dream. At the point that I can start recalling the dream, it feels as if quite a bit of the story has already evolved. The sense of this is heightened by my actually waking up during the dream. In fact now I’m not sure whether I awoke at all, but rather dreamt that I was awake thinking about the intense dream I was having.
I was on board an alien spaceship. Actually I’m not sure it was a space ship, I’m assuming it was. It was somewhere big and aliens lived there. I was wandering around in a very clean set of halls and corridors. Like the movie cliché white and metallic spaceship interiors. Something had made me feel annoyed or distressed and almost instantly ‘they’ sensed it and gently levitated me into a giant domed area like the inside of a multilevel shopping mall an enormous domed ceiling enclosed a space the size of an arena. The atmosphere was very quiet and serene. There was a lot of lush hanging foliage dangling from large hanging baskets that reached down from high above. ‘They’ levitated me toward an enclosure that was walled by some sort of clear Perspex or glass and I immediately understood that this space was some type of botanical garden or zoo. Within the darkened enclosure there clearly moved several humanoid forms. I was levitated right up to the glass. The dim light from the giant atrium didn’t quite penetrate the enclosure. I'd have to say that this looked like a controlled phenomenon. I could see the humanoid shapes moving out of the darkness toward the glass I distinctly remember thinking ‘shit I’m gonna get a shock here when these creatures become suddenly visible right in front of me and I willed the levitation to pull me back a few feet from the enclosure. I then noticed that a few metres to my left there was an open doorway into the enclosure anyway, and one of the humanoids kind of half stepped out half leaned around with a long gangly arm that reached out in a handshake gesture. It’s upper half remained cloaked in dark so that I couldn’t really distinguish its features, however its arm was quite visible and the skin was a reddish brown colour with a ruddy skin texture flecked with what looked like large sunspots. It spoke to me in what I assumed was English, but thinking about it now it could’ve been any language or even non-verbal. It greeted me and introduced itself. Alas I can’t remember its name, but I’ve a vague recollection it was something unlikely like Richard or Wayne. I was then levitated to another enclosure where I saw another set of very humanoid looking creatures, again in a dimly lit enclosure. All I can really recall about them is that they seemed to have a green colouring (god this is sounding more and more like the product of 30 years of television). This bit of the dream is vague in my memory and I think it is here that I woke up in my room lying face down on the bed, feeling a bit spooked and looking around to see if there were aliens in the room! I remember they kind of spoke to me telepathically and explained to me how their method of ‘borrowing’ humans, was very different to our pop culture depictions of alien abduction. At the time the information struck me as some kind of revelation, alas I can’t remember what this information was. I Remember thinking that it was something to do with a ‘mind lift’ that left our physical body where it lay on earth, but simultaneously enabled us to be wholly somewhere else…in another dimension or just out in Space orbiting the earth? But a type of temporal/phase transfer. Extra dimensional, but linked…all linked. Particle physics I think…quarks, gluons, and leptons doing bizzaro virtually incomprehensible superstring theory stuff like being “vibrating strands of energy that oscillate in eleven dimensions, consisting of three we know already plus time and seven other dimensions that are, well, unknowable to us. Strings that are very tiny (‘well duh’) tiny enough to pass for point particles” Passing for point particles when they are in fact strands of ‘crazy string’…well, at least that’s my understanding (*grins*) Cant help but picturing pink string foaming out of spray-cans at this point. The above quotation is author Bill Bryson attempting to simplify the mind-boggling quantum physics ideas of people such as physicist Michio Kaku. http://www.mkaku.org/
Anyway I digress, although that’s pretty much it really. The aliens weren’t malevolent, for example the whole trip to the zoo was a response to my becoming uptight, they were trying to help…and responded instantly as if my thoughts were being monitored, which obviously in the context of this story, they were. I clearly recall being impressed by their technology and the childlike quality of their handling.
Best of all after that dream I went straight into a dream about my beautiful ex-girlfriend Sarah and it was very pleasant and comforting, and again very vivid and with full detailed settings, like standing outside in the car park outside Max’s old house, his Mum’s place in Subiaco. Heaps nostalgic, but also a celebration of things. This is a hugely important recognition for me. And it left me feeling thus. Which is nice for a change, normally such reminiscences are sad and at best ‘exquisitely’ painful. Gives me hope for the future. And for friendly aliens (*winks*)

“We are willing enough to praise freedom when she is safely tucked away in the past and cannot be a nuisance. In the present, amidst dangers whose outcome we cannot foresee, we get nervous about her, and admit censorship”
- E.M. Forster


Listening to: The Guild League ‘Inner North’

2 comments:

Toneatron said...

What an awesome dream! It kinda reminds me of a short story I read a while ago in which a man and woman were abducted and put in a zoo where they were expected to mate. I'm afraid I can't remember any other details. My alien dreams are always terrifying and involve watching incredibly fast moving spacecrafts buzzing melbourne, kinda like the Vogon's in Hitchhikers, but I believe the dreams started well before i read any of Douglas Adam's work.

Downloading: The Guild League ‘Inner North’

Den said...

god bless you mate. its all good aint it!